A particularly smart strategy today is improving Topical Authority to prove your expertise and attract more customers by doing so.
Topical Authority refers to the level of expertise and knowledge that a brand has in a particular niche or industry. It is typically used as a measure of your website’s credibility. You build it by consistently creating high-quality content about a given subject. The more informative and comprehensive articles you write about a topic, the more search engines, and readers will see you as an authority about it. Makes sense, right?
I’ll explain more about the search engine impact of Topical Authority a little later on in the article. First, let’s look at the more general reasons to pay attention to Topical Authority for your business.
Your perceived level of expertise about what you do – your “Topical Authority” about plumbing or landscaping or real estate or collision repair – plays a crucial role in shaping the reputation and brand awareness of your company, overall. Not just online. When a company establishes itself as an authority in its field, it creates trust and credibility among its target audience.
How improving Topical Authority helps a small business, in general terms:
- It helps to differentiate your company from your competitors. In today’s crowded market, where every business is vying for attention, having topical authority can help a company stand out. By providing valuable information, insights, and solutions to their customers’ problems, small businesses can establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry or local area.
- It helps you attract new customers and retain existing ones. When people are searching for information about a specific product or service online, they are likely to come across authoritative content from reputable sources. If YOUR business is creating the articles that people are finding, YOU will reap the benefit of being see as the “to-to” expert in your town. You have higher chances of attracting these potential customers.It also easier to keep existing customers because it strengthens your relationship when they see this kind of reinforcement. It validates their original choice to hire you. This increases the likelihood of repeat business and long-term loyalty.
- It helps you build trust with your ideal customers. People tend to trust businesses that demonstrate expertise and knowledge in their industry over those who do not. By creating high-quality content that educates and informs your audience about your niche or industry, you can build credibility with your target market.
Here’s how improving topical authority helps a small business, ONLINE:
Remember, the term refers to your website’s credibility. And the credibility comes from how a site is perceived by Google, as well as by site visitors. A website with excellent Topical Authority:
- benefits from increased traffic to the site from the search engines. Search engines prioritize websites with high-quality content that provides value to users when ranking search results. Therefore, by consistently producing high-quality content related to your niche or industry, you improve your chances of appearing at the top of relevant search results pages.
- benefits from increased visibility, since the more you create and distribute great information about your industry, the more people will be able to see it. This increased visibility exposes your brand to a wider audience, driving more organic traffic to your website and increasing your chances of attracting potential customers.
Using case studies to improve Topical Authority:
One effective way to showcase your Topical Authority is through case studies. Here’s how leveraging case studies can help prove your expertise:
- Case studies provide real-life examples of how your expertise has solved problems and delivered results for your customers. By sharing success stories and demonstrating your ability to provide practical solutions, you establish credibility and prove your topical authority.
- Case studies highlight the outcomes and benefits that your customers have achieved by working with your brand. This evidence of your expertise serves as social proof and further solidifies your position as an authoritative figure in your industry.
- Case studies prove you have the experience to tackle all sort of problems and situations. Google looks for E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trust) because your customers do, too.
Improving topical authority is essential for any business looking to increase its brand awareness and reputation online.
This blog post is a great way to learn more.
Talk to me about having some case studies written for YOUR company!