Perhaps the fastest-growing Columbia business networking group, the ACA Business Club Columbia MO focuses on three pillars of service to its members: relationships, professional development, and marketing. The philosophy of this unique social and business club is that business flows out of quality relationships.
Members of this warm, welcoming community include individuals from for-profit and non-profit organizations in Mid-Missouri. They benefit from many connections and leads, earned as they learn and practice the fundamentals of strategic networking and relationship building.
ACA Business Club Columbia Details & Statistics:
- Location: 204 Peach Way, Ste A in Columbia, MO (just SW of the intersection of Providence Road and Nifong; turn West in front of Angelo’s Pizza. It is in the same building as Visionworks Marketing Group.)
- Size of the organization: 15 Charter Members; more than 100 members in 2023
- Founded: August 2019, by John Shrum and Lili Vianello
- Board of Advisors: for 2023, Brandon Banks, Angie Clampitt, Jason Gruender, Deborah Marshall, Denise Payne, Andrea Lyn Seppo, Barry Williams, Jami Clevenger, Nancy Griggs, Cara Owings, Keith Sohn, Ryli Jetton
- Types of industries represented: diverse variety, including banking, insurance, IT, marketing, advertising, multiple non-profits, builders, real estate, health/medical, and many more
- Frequency and format of events and meetings: twice-weekly Coffees; lively monthly social and art receptions, guests welcome
- Awards or recognition the ACA Club has received: Finalist for Columbia’s 2023 Small Business of the Year Award
Unique Features of ACA Business Club Columbia Networking Group
- Membership: no attendance or referral requirements, no business category exclusions, membership by invitation only
- Facility: the Business Club opened its own facility in March 2020. This relaxing, inviting space is complete with parking, meeting areas, full kitchen, Training Room and Board rooms (technology-equipped), bathrooms, and secure private access.
- Personal Development Teams: Multiple personal and professional interest groups, such as Brew Crew, Passion Pavers, Welcome Committee, B2Bn ACA, Women’s Connection, Home Resource Network and ACA Over Lunch
- Member Training: informative topics such as Art Demo, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training, Strategy Sessions, Suicide Prevention & Awareness Training, Online Marketing
- Charitable Giving: Members generously donate to a local non-profit each month; nearly 30 organizations helped and $6000 donated by end of 2022
- Access to Other Clubs: the ACA Business Club Columbia is part of a larger organization, the ACA Business Club. Members enjoy free access to Club facilities in other locations.
ACA Business Club Columbia Photos of the Facility
Reviews and Testimonials
The amazing growth of the ACA Business Club Columbia, even though in-person events stopped during the heart of the pandemic, is a testament to the popularity of this Columbia MO business networking group, and the demand for this type of format and facility.
I joined the day I heard about this business club! Was looking for a local business networking group. I’ve met so many people I would have never met otherwise, and have enjoyed the events and referrals. I LOVE having a private place in which to work, too! – Diana Ratliff, Your Friend on the Web
Not only is this a fun, welcoming environment, but working within the club has helped transform my business. I have received many live leads. Highly recommend. – Brad Crum, Brad Crum Creative
If you’re looking for a great networking opportunity, I highly recommend ACA! From having a great place for a visit where there’s plenty of room to connecting with ACA members from other cities, you won’t find a better place to meet people! As a Business Development Director and a former Chamber of Commerce Director, I’m always on the lookout for a professional setting to meet people. This is it! – Sharon Horbyk, Missouri School Boards Association
ACA helps build mutually beneficial relationships. ACA Members show up for one another and that kind of support is so important for running a successful campaign regardless of what you are selling. – Deanna Barger, Missouri Girls Town Foundation
Summary: Success Story of ACA Business Club Columbia MO
This Columbia MO Business Networking group has been a success since its opening. It has attracted the attention of business professionals who want a friendly, casual way to get to know fellow business professionals, without a lot of pressure to attend meetings or give referrals.
Having a permanent physical location in which to meet, with secure access, is also a popular benefit. It gives members who work from home a relaxing, functional place to meet customers or prospects. Members appreciate the less-noisy, less-crowded location in which to have a cup of coffee, grab a beer, and get some work done.
For more information about a guest visit, contact: Lili.Vianello@acanetwork.org
Case Study publication courtesy of Simple Case Studies